The Wisconsin IceCube Particle Astrophysics Center (WIPAC) is recruiting for a graphic designer. The graphic designer is responsible for producing innovative visual elements across multiple platforms to support the Education and Outreach, and the Communications team at WIPAC. Job responsibilities include supporting the international IceCube Collaboration with graphics for public and scientific presentations, for the website and other digital platforms, and for scientific and educational events. In addition, this position will provide support to other projects such as the Askaryan Radio Array, DM-Ice, the High Altitude Water Cherenkov observatory, and Cherenkov Telescope Array.
Degree and area of specialization:
BS or BA in art, fine arts, graphic design or related field is preferred. An Associate degree in art, fine arts, graphic design or related field, plus 2 years of related professional work experience may be considered. Candidates graduating from college no later than August 2017 will be considered for this position.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
One year of experience is preferred. A minimum of 4 years of applicable experience is required for appointment at the no-prefix level (7 years for senior level).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office. HTML and CSS experience a plus.
- Experience with video editing programs such as Final Cut.
- Strong design and production skills.
- Ability to take a project from concept to production including refinement and attention to project specifications.
- Ability to organize, multitask and meet distinct deadlines while expressing a high degree of creativity.
- Experience establishing brands for products, preferred. Logo and corporate design are a plus.
- Effective communication, verbally and in writing, with internal and external collaborators.
- Ability to work productively both in team and independent environments.
Apply by May 31, 2017.
For the complete Position Vacancy Listing and application instructions, please visit the UW-Madison employment listing.